Friday, July 30, 2010

My very first running group

It was august 2008 when I started to join running events and my first event was Men's Health Miracle Run.
Running Atom, Carlo, Cris, Dexter and I decided to run just for experience. We just want to try and have fun and to burn more calories. That time, we are in the middle of our Appdev Biggest Looser Challenge .
Way back 2008, Running was not as expensive like today. The registration fee was only Php300 and it includes a race bib, Singlet and Loot bag that contains chocolate bars, supplements, MH Magazine and Gatorade. I ran 5K and I cannot recall my exact time anymore but I think its more than an hour.

 APPDEV BIGGEST LOOSER Challengers
Men's health Miracle Run 2008

A few months after, We joined the MH Urbanathlon 2008. The event is not just running but also includes hurdles, obstacle course and wall climbing.  We have recruited Cherry Calleja, Jem Estrella, and Mac Pastrana. It was a very challenging and fun event.

Men's Health Ubanathlon 2008

March 2009,  We joined the Men's Health Miracle Run 2009. This time, the group was starting to grow.
We have recruited Shai, Manny, Zen and Roger.
MH Miracle Run 2009
When I started running, my goal was to loose a lot of fats for me to win the weight loss challenge and to have a lean body for summer outing. I have a difficulty in running during those times. I was not able to run continuously, I have to walk after a few kilometers because I was experiencing shin splints and side stitches. I do not even know what PR means and my only concern was to finish the race.

No comments: