Thursday, July 22, 2010

ANr Ortigas 21K LSD

It was a rainy a Wednesday night, when RunningAtom and I decided to attend Adination ortigas 16th week session. After arriving in Mcdonald's Pearl Drive we saw the ANr Runners taking group pictures so we ran
as fast as we can to join them. There were new faces in ANr Ortigas but they were not strangers to me anymore. Most of them were my running mates in Six:30 running group (UP Based) like Igy,Cyril, and Jonj.

Adination Ortigas Running Group


Every month, Adination Ortigas set a long slow distance or LSD. It was a training routine that helps a runner to build muscles and cardiovascular endurance for longer distance runs. Kowts Luis set a route that will cover 21K run and he also told us where are the stop-over. We started at exactly 8PM.


Our first station was Tiendecitas.


         2nd station: St. Paul

3rd station : St. Martin
                                                      
  4th Station:  Convenience Store along C5
                                               

5th station: The Grove Rockwell
Mcdonald's Libis
Boundary of Katipunan and Marikina 


It was a great night for us because the weather give way to our LSD. The temperature was just fine.I  was able to ran smoothly, I did not experience any shin splints and chaffing but feel a little bit bloated because I consumed 3 Gatorade and 1 mineral water during the run.  After Kilometer 17,  we stop over in Jollibee Green  Meadows for a while.Some of us bought some fries while the other runners refilled their hydration bottles.

The remaining 4 kilometers seems like it was the longest 4K I ever ran. 11:30PM and we are still running in Green Meadows going back to Pearl drive.  Some of us are first timers in 21K Long runs.

Gutom + Antok + Pagod = My 21K Career High in running
 
We  finished the LSD for 4 hours Road time and 2:43:00 Actual time.  I will never get scared of running half marathon anymore. After ANr Ortigas LSD, I have decided to join my first half marathon race (Camsur Marathon) and I also realized that running long distance is hard but not impossible to finish.



1 comment:

MinnieRunner said...

I'm Possible! (clap clap clap)

Congratulations Cuz (for finishing your first half mary, and for finishing this blog post, :D)

Soon, when I can already brave the streets of Pulilan, makapagLSD din ako, kahit mag-isa, he he he.