Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Unilab "Bandit" Run


Yesterday, I woke up around 3:00 AM in the morning and went to our meeting place(GMA Kamuning Mini stop) at 4:30 am.

We are at the race venue at 5:00 AM and still have 30 minutes to warm up.
As usual, I ran as a Bandit runner. I have a lot of time to register in Unilab running
event but because I find it to expensive to register in every race event, I decided to
just bandit ran. Running became more expensive nowadays. It will cost you more or less P4,000 in a month if you will join races every week.

When the organizers were calling for the 10k runners to go in the starting line, I immediately follow Captainrunner and Minnierunner to hide in their back.You already know why. I already do bandit running for several times. You know, It takes a lot of practice and guts to master the art of bandit running.


I also met the friend of Pedo(Running Atom) named Kassy (Runaholic) and her boyfriend.


At the start of the race, I ran easy pace with the Running Couple. But suddenly, after passing 2K, we saw Senator Pia and Doc Aga running and they chased the senator to take some pictures with her.

We split up that time because my shin splint attacks again.
I started to walk until i have reached 4K. I was not able to reach the turn around point because I saw them already in the middle of 5K. so I decided to run with them again thinking that I am not required to complete the whole race. That is one of the disadvantage of bandit running. I had approximately 8K long run yesterday.A good preparation for my Globe Run For Home on March 21,2010.




The Unilab Run event is far more organized than previous races like century superbods run. There are race markers every kilometers. There were enough drinking stations and race marshals.

Coach Rio was right. The said race is worth the registrations fee of the participants. The redemption of bags in baggage counter was very organized as well as the distribution of the loot bags. I promise to register in the Unilab Run next year.


3 comments:

MinnieRunner said...

Boooooooo.. sumbong kita kay Coach Rio, he he he...

RunningAtom said...

Bandit 101 seminer, need to attend this :D

CaptainRunner said...

See you at Globe Run for Home :)